DETAILS: We all know the world's most expensive wines: Bordeaux, Burgundy, California Chardonnay, Napa Cabernet, and Champagne. But what about wines that have the same flavor profile and quality—but cost one-half the price? Join NYC sommelier extraordinaire, Michael Madrigale, as he walks (and tastes) you through side-by-side tastings of 5 pairs of wines that will have you challenging your assumptions.
About Michael Madrigale
Over the past 17 years in the NYC wine industry, Michael has amassed enough accolades and industry recognition to last a lifetime. Among them:
- James Beard Award Finalist “Americas Best Wine Program” 2014
- Named Americas Best Blind Palate 2010 (Food and Wine Magazine)
- Named Bordeaux Ambassador to US 2015 thru 2018
- Named Ambassador of Wines of Northern Greece 2015 thru 2018
- Two time Sommelier of the Year (Food & Wine 2012) (Wine Enthusiast 2013)
- Two time winner of Wine and Spirits Magazine "Sommelier Scavenger Hunt" (2014, 2015)
- Top 40 under 40 Wine Enthusiast (2015)
Today, Michael has taken his expertise and just launched his online direct to consumer wine company called GRANDECUVEE, where Michael will be selling wines exactly like you'll taste in the seminar. The app is available on the APPLE APP STORE.